WhatsApp Payments is based on National Payments Corporation of India’s (NCPI) Unified Payments Interface (UPI). WhatsApp Payments is dedicated only for peer to peer payments compared to Paytm, which also has a wallet for people to store money and Google Pay that lets users make payments of bills, buy gold and more.
WhatsApp Payments has partnered with some major banks in India like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and State Bank of India.
How To Setup WhatsApp Payments?
Let’s go through the steps to set up the WhatsApp Payments and link it with your bank account.
- The first step, open WhatsApp on your smartphone and tap on the three dots located on the top right corner.
- Now tap on the ‘Payments’ option and then select the ‘Add payment method’ option.
- Further, this will show a list of supported devices, now select the bank where you have an account. (The account should be linked to mobile number)
- Afterward, the app will then ask to send a verification message from your phone.
- Now tap the ‘Verify via SMS’ button and after verifying, it will show all your accounts in the bank that are linked to your number.
- Next choose the one you want to set up for the app to use, tap done and your process of setting up your account is done.
How To Transfer Money Using WhatsApp Payments?
There are two methods for doing this, let’s go through them one by one.
Method 1 –
- First Of all, select the person’s chat you want to send money.
- Now select the attachments option and then tap on ‘Payment’ option.
- If you have already set up WhatsApp Payments then you will see a screen where you can send and request money.
- Now, enter the amount and add a note if you want and then hit next.
- Next, it will take you to a screen where it will ask you to enter your UPI pin.
- In case you do not have one it will guide you through creating one.
- Now, enter your UPI pin and you are done.
In case, you are requesting money, tap on request and wait for the person to accept your request…Read more>>