WhatsApp that most people will go incommunicado if they don’t have access to the instant messaging app. With such over-reliance on WhatsApp what happens if in an unforeseen event you end up losing your phone? What happens to your ‘precious’ chats and conversations?
In this How-to we tell you how to keep your chats, messages safe in case you lose your smartphone:
1. Lock your SIM card
The first thing to do is call your mobile service provider and get your SIM card locked. No one will be able to verify your account as WhatsApp doesn’t get activated without a verification SMS or call
2. Use a new SIM card with the same number to activate WhatsApp on your new phone.
3. Keep in mind, WhatsApp can only be activated with one phone number on one device at a time.
4. If you don’t want to use a new SIM card then drop an email to WhatsApp on this ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. In the email, use the phrase “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account” in the body of the email and include your phone number in full international format.
6. To get your chats back, the a backup of messages should have been done using Google Drive, iCloud or OneDrive before your phone went missing
Important things to remember
1. Your contacts can send you messages, which will remain in a pending state for up to 30 days.
2. If you reactivate your account before it is deleted, you will receive any pending messages on your new phone and you will still be in all of your group chats……..Read More>>